“What the caterpillar calls the end of the world,
the master calls a butterfly.” – Richard Bach
Which Goddess Are You?
(Most of us hold the energies for many different goddesses but see if there’s one that resonates more than others.)
Durga – A fierce, demon fighting Goddess who sits upon a lion. Her name means one who alleviates suffering.
- Do you have a strong desire to protect others?
- Are you impatient and sometimes hot tempered?
- Do your friends and family call you bossy?
- Do you like to be in charge?
- Are you a natural fighter?
- Do you believe you are usually right?
- Are you capable of doing several things at once?
- Are you a leader?
Lakshmi – Hindu Goddess of abundance of spiritual and material wealth. She is also the Goddess of light celebrated at Diwali.
- Are you very physically active?
- Do people fall in love with you easily?
- Do you secretly believe you can never be too rich?
- Do you have a green thumb?
- Do people around you feel more joyous because you are there?
- Do you pride yourself on your taste?
- Are you kind?
- Do you prefer being around good looking, successful people?
Kali – Dark mother and Goddess of death and destruction. She represents our worst fears and the freedom that we gain when we conquer them.
- Do you sometimes feel that there is a battle cry wanting to get out?
- Do you love fiercely?
- Do people tell you that since you’ve come into their lives they have been transformed?
- Do you sometimes frighten people (or yourself) with your intensity?
- Do you have more energy than anyone else you know?
- Are you decisive?
- Do you have so much raw power that you feel you can accomplish anything?
- Do you often feel like you have to hold back?
Saraswati – Patron of the arts, music and sciences, she is the Hindu Goddess of Wisdom.
- Are you a gifted communicator?
- Do you forget about the outside world when you are reading or problem solving?
- Are you creative?
- Do you naturally understand technology?
- Do you have a beautiful voice?
- Do your ideas and inspirations come to you out of the blue?
- Do people tell you that you talk too much?
- Are you careful and detail oriented?
“Small are the number of them that see with their own eyes and feel with their own heart.” – Albert Ei